Now that most of us have a great appreciation and love for our natural hair, it is so easy for us to become hair envious of others' natural hair!
Monday, March 21, 2011
PC: How long have you been natural?
T: I have been natural for almost five years. I transitioned from April 2006 till June of 2007. I then did the chop in June of 2007.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
What is naturalitism?
- Naturalitism (nach-er-uhl-lee-tiz-uhm) is a word I coined, combining the words natural and elitism (the belief that rich people are superior to poor people).
- Naturalitism is the belief that natural hair is superior to permed or thermally straightened hair.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
I thought I would share my washing routine. I wash my hair once a week.
- I take out my previous style and separate my hair into six sections.
- I wet my hair and add some conditioner or oil for slip.
- I detangle each section first with my fingers, gently separating the strands then finger combing, then with a wide-toothed comb, and finally, with my BASS brush. I twist each section as I finish.